Ana Lucrecia Tovar de Zarak
From 1992 to 1997 she worked as legal assistant with a Panamanian law firm specialized in Commercial Law. During 1998 she served as legal intern with the Trade Commission at the Organization of American States in Washington, D.C. She worked at our firm in banking and securities from 1998 to 2001. Later she served as General Counsel and later as Legal & Compliance Head of Citibank, N.A., (Panama branch). During her time with Citibank, she entered courses and training in the areas of Risk, Industry and Financial Statement Analyses, Structured Transactions, Anti-Tying Policy, Money Laundering and Compliance, among others; as well as legal audits in countries of the region.
She has given lectures and been a trainer in Securities Law, for applicants to the Stock Broker, Head Officer and Investment Manager Licenses, at USMA, ULACIT, Merrill Lynch, Banco General, Dresdner Bank, Banistmo, UBS Asesores, Money Managers & Co., among others.
- Santa Maria La Antigua University, Panama (LL.B., 1997).
- American University, The Washington College of Law (LL.M., in International Business Law, Securities and Finance, 1998).
- Banking and Securities courses, Georgetown University, Washington.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Panama Bar Association.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- American Bar Association
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Superintendence of the Securities Market of Panama.
- Panamanian Security Market.