Jose Juan Marquez
In 1991 he founded the law firm MARQUEZ & PRECIADO, which merged with FABREGA, MOLINO & MULINO in 2005. In 1992 was Secretary of the Board of Directors of the Active 20-30 Club in Panama. In 1998 he was appointed as Commissioner of Foreign Commerce for the ANDE Foundation. In 1999 he was a member of the Working Commission for the National Institute for Sewerage and Aqueducts. Since 2001 he is a member of the Consultative Commission of National Environmental Authority for the Province of Panama.
He professionally advises national and international companies on matters involving investments, contracts, tax planning, asset protection and estate planning.
- Santa Maria La Antigua University, Panama (LL.B., 1990).
- University of Notre Dame, USA (LL.M, in International Comparative Law 1991).
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Panamanian Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (Advisor 2000-2001; 2004-2005; Director 2002-2003).
- Notre Dame Alumni Association of Panama (Director 1998-2000, 2004-2006).
- Panama Bar Association.
- International Bar Association.
- Rotary Club Panama South.
- Union Club of Panama (Deputy Secretary, 2004 and 2nd. Vice-President, 2005).
- Panama's New Law of Incentives to Tourism.
- La Estabilidad Jurídica de las Inversiones" (Juridical Stability of Investments).
- La Nulidad del Contrato de Seguro en General" (Nullity of the Insurance Contract in General).