Manuel Enrique Espino
He has over 20 years of professional experience in the judicial area, holding important public offices. During the last ten years he has been from Assigned Judge of the First Municipal Family Court of the District of Panama, as Assigned Judge of the First Court of the Civil Circuit of Panama, as far as Acting Justice of the First High Court of Justice. Mr. Espino has lectured master’s level courses in Commercial Law and Civil Law at the University of Panama and the Columbus University respectively.
In 2003 the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation (Agencia Española de CooperaciónInternacional –AECI) chose him to represent the Panamanian Judges in the Central American and Caribbean Judicial School Juan Carlos I and in the Judicial Summer School Juan Carlos Ist. Then in 2005 and 2006 he was selected by the General Council of the Judicial Branch of Spain to take part and represent Panama at the Ibero-American Workshop (Aula Iberoamericana).
In 2009 Mr. Espino was chosen by the Secretariat of the Conference of Ministers of Justice of the Ibero-American countries (Conferencia de Ministros de Justicia de los PaísesIberoamericanos –COMJIB) to represent Panama at the Workshop to Reform Civil Proceedings in Ibero-America.
He was member of the Commission of the Judicial Branch on the following matters: the Responsible Parenthood Act (2003), Government Pact for Justice- Structural Reforms (2005), Certification of Payment into Court Act (2006) and Reform of the Code of Civil Procedure (2009-2010).
- University of Panama (LL.B., 1994).
- Santa Maria La Antigua University, Panama (LL.M., Commercial Law, 2001).
- Institute of Higher Banking Studies, Panama (Certificate in Banking and Finance).
- Alimony Proceedings (2001)
- Payment Exception in the Mortgage ExecutoryProceedings (2004)
- Real Right of Mortgage (2005)
- Countless articles on IT Law, Family Law and Commercial Law in main magazines and journals, namely Business & Lawyers and IVSTITIA.